Sample Submission Policy
- Samples for Emergency TATs must be received no later than 1 PM for same day reporting (if same day service is applicable).
- Samples received for any analysis after 3 PM will be logged in as of the next business day.
Sample Container Requirements
- All samples must be received in sealed containers (ie. properly sealed ziploc bags.
- Exterior of sample container/bag must be free of dust or debris.
- One sample consists of one product only, and individual products MUST be collected and sealed in separate containers.
- Sample containers must be appropriate WHMIS labels with the following information:
- Sample Description (should match Chain of Custody & Analytical Request Form).
- Product Description (i.e. Floor Tile, Vermiculite, etc).
- A statement indicating the contents may contain asbestos.
- The statement “Hazardous laboratory sample. For hazard information or in an emergency call …” and an emergency telephone number.
Samples may be rejected if improperly packaged. Persons bringing improperly contained samples into Bio-Chem Consulting Services (1980) Ltd. premises will be billed for any and all Damages & Cleaning costs incurred (including but not limited to costs related to lost business, medical expenses, air testing & clearance). Please note that these are based on Alberta Government Occupational Health & Safety Guidelines.
- New clients (individual and corporate) submitting samples for the first time must prepay before results are released.
- Returning (but still new) corporate clients have Net 10 terms until a satisfactory payment history has been established.
- Upon establishment of satisfactory payment history, terms will be increased to Net 30 from day of invoice. Client will be advised.
- Overdue accounts are subject to interest charges at 2% per month.
- Payments accepted by cheque or credit card (VISA or MasterCard) only.
Turnaround Times (TAT)
TAT indicates the estimated number of business days required for an analysis to be completed.
Analysis or reporting may occasionally take longer than the stated TAT. If results are absolutely required by a specific date, please indicate this on the chain of custody, and confirm with Bio-Chem Consulting Services Ltd that the appropriate TAT option is selected.
Some services may be eligible for expedited TATs as per the following fee schedule (actual TATs vary by service)
- Regular (no surcharge)
- Priority (50% surcharge)
- Rush (100% surcharge)